Tuesday, May 18, 2010

quick post...

...because I only have five minutes left on my computer time.

We are in Moshi at another internet cafe because some of the other volunteers didnt get to go yesterday. I dont think these trips to the cafe will be so frequent the longer we are here.

We just were on our way back from a hospital "tour". You can definitely add this to the website about what white americans like to do. It was awful. They took us into all the different wards and it is the first time I have just felt like I shouldnt be. Not because of the people, they all greeted us and continually said welcome to our country. But it just wasnt right to be healthy, blessed foreigners walking around staring at these poor sick people trying to do what they can to save their children, save themselves, or their family. It was terrible.

There was one ward for pregnant women to wait for labor to start and here there were three to four women per bed. They said that this ward was a crowded one. I found throughout the rest of the tour that this was true for every ward.

It was an eye opening experience. There will be more to come but for now I am at 29 minutes of 30 so I will just say thanks for reading my blog and keep checking back. I have lots to say about our first day at the school!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment