Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The 411...as they call it


Just a short introduction to what is going on with my trip to Africa! I am going to be leaving from Tampa, Florida on May 13th to fly to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. We are staying in a village, Karanga. The village is right outside the city of Moshi.

Both Kasey and I will be living with 13 other volunteers from around the world. We will be staying for 7 weeks and will be traveling through an organization known as CCS or Cross Cultural Solutions.

We will be working everyday at a specialized placement site. They are supposed to be sending us our placements today so I will post soon on what exactly I will be doing during my 6 weeks with CCS.

Here is a photo of the CCS home base that I will be staying at. There is more information about the program and where we will be staying at,


http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org/countries/africa/volunteer-tanzania/kilimanjaro.aspx

I hope this is a good start to get everyone on board with exactly what is happening. I will be trying to post at least once a week, and hopefully more than that, so keep checking back!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you guys are super excited!! Looking foward to seeing pictures.. be safe :) -amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you are enroute to Africa right now. Safe travels. We'll keep you and Casey in our prayers. We'll be following your blogs.
    Love, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, Thanks for your long note of your first impressions. You make us feel like we are there with you. It sounds like you and Kasey are off to a great beginning.

    I hope that you are keeping a journal and taking photos. All of your adventures will run together after a while.

    We think of you often, and keep you in our prayers. Enjoy your time in Africa and write back home to us.

    NiNaKuPenda to you from us,
    Grandma and Grandpa

    (What are the African names for Grandma and Grandpa?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you guys have tried a banana and a beer. When are you going to try something unique like a fried spider or maybe some Zebra? I'm just sayin...

    Love you both!

    Dad / Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are enjoying your posts and learning a bit about Africa. I LOVE the pic of you and the little girl. Is she the one who lives across from your building who greets you with her huge smile?
    You look like you are enjoying each other.

    You are having lots of new experiences. Shall we send you lyrics of childrens songs? You will find your groove working with the children. Keep positive and you'll figure it out. You are resourceful.

    I'm sharing your experiences with my friends. They think that you are wonderful too.

    Love and prayers to you and to Kasey.
    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete